It was my 9th day after landing in Germany,one Saturday evening, it felt like some kind of emptiness while I was searching through net..i knew what I am missing. So I googled for Indian orthodox mass in germany and I got the page. I mailed to an id mentioned on the site and the reply came within 30min telling the date and venue. The venue is in Köln not less than 2hrs from my place. So I waited for the next Sunday that was on 8th of November.
On 8th morning at 7:55AM in the freezing cold I started to Köln. Everything was ok till I got down from the Express train and searched for a Stadtbahn (Those are city service trains). I was in the same platform as mentioned by my travel planner but I could not find my train. And it was almost the time for the train. Since I knew that Germans are allergic to English I approached a young lady and asked about this in my beginner level German. Since it was a standard question I didn’t made any mistake. She told that I have to go to another nearby station to get the stadtbahn.
When I came out of the main station I could not figure out the directions to the small station. My eyes searched for a potential helper and I found an old man reading a news paper. I was hesitated to use my limited vocabulary German but I had no other choice. So I explained my problem to him. If my German language teachers were at that place I am sure that they will kick me under a train and shoot each other.
But to my surprise the old man was very helpful, and walked me to my station. I could n’t believe that Germans are so helpful. Or Is that because of Indians are Arians but they actually got burnt under the sun and become brown. Ya..Probably I also look like a tanned…. no..Burned Arian.
The second problem came when I misspelled Severin Strasse and got down in a wrong place. There came an old German lady to my help. She helped me to reach my destination even though I was not able to understand her completely.
Rest o f the journey was cool and I reached the Church at 11:00AM.
And the Indian Orthodox Mass Songs carried me to my parish which is 6000miles away.
2 comments:
hello dude...
Nice to see u in orkut...thanks for sharing your experiances...last time i meet u in india (chennai)...now i too in Germany pal
Thanks man..
Post a Comment