Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scary Saturday

Yesterday , it was around 8:00PM, I was on my way back to the hostel after an unsuccessful journey to the swimming pool.The bus is after 20minutes and i hate to stand still in a waiting shed for such a long time , so i decided to walk for 20min and then catch the bus on the way.

After i started walking for some 5 minutes I found that there is not even a living thing on the road. It was cold , colder than I expected. It was interesting to think that the street is deserted even though it was a saturday evening. It is not india ,it is Germany where poeple loves to stay at their home or in some clubs. We cant find them talking to each other on the road.

While thinking this i heard a foot step not far behind me. Automatically, the mind sensed a potential threat to my wealth and health. Turning my head a little i could make out with the corner of my eye that it is a man and he is at some 15m behind me.

Deserted road, saturday evening, cold climate, why does that man walk?. The probability that he has some stupid reasons like that of mine is very low. More over he was not behind me when i crossed the main street, so he might have joined in between.

I felt a cold current in my spine.

I did a quick risk analysis, I have my
1.Cheap Rs.1200 mobile,
2.A wallet with 10Euro bill,
3.Lot of ID and Bank cards.

So i dont have much things to loose but if he takes the wallet as a whole my ID s ..Oh my god..i cant think about that...

So i have to save my belongings. Since the road is straight i can see for long and I couldnot find any other guys who can be with him, so he is alone. Gathering all the strengths I gained through the past years i increased my walking pace and started to think about an escape plan.

Plan A
1.Run..

Advantage:

Since I have reduced my weight and regained my sporty shape now I am a very good athlete.

Threat
But this guy can be physically more fit. So if he runs faster than me he can easily take me down from behind

Plan B
2.Standback and counter attack if he charges

Advantage
I get a chance to resist.

Threat
Chance of winning is unknown. Physical injury. But the risk of losing my belongings is lower than plan A.


I was confused which plan to chose so I decided to look at him and decide after seeing his physique.

I looked back. A tall guy atlest 20cm taller than me and looked like a film actor. I decided to go for planB. ( who knows whether the time has come, then die like a man)...

Then I found that I am almost near to a Fire Station. So this is the best place. If i need to fight then perhaps i can get help from the fire house.

So i slowed down my pace keeping my eyes on the my own shadow to see the incoming assault...

Yes his shadow is coming closer. A huge doze of adrenalin was released to my blood, my hairs were tensed, heart rate incresed..i tried my best to control that condition...

When i could feel him at 2 or 3 feet distance..I slowly turned towards him...I planned to turn slowly but it turned out to be and abrupt movement...and looked at him....

He startled because of my awkward movement and looked at me and said 'Haaallo' in a deep voice. I managed to say Hallo back. He passed me forward.. waited for the traffic signal, crossed the road and went to the Fire Station...

I stood there for some time...till I become normal and continued with my journey....

What I can say from this incident is that ...“ adrenalin rush rocks“.....

1 comment:

Sreekanth said...

veruthe kothippichu..........